Vaginal itching is a very common problem. Most women will experience vaginal itching at some point in their lives. Usually, the problem of vaginal itching will resolve on its own without treatment. In some cases, using home remedies will also relieve the itch problem.
But sometimes when itching occurs in the vagina, symptoms such as vaginal pain, pimples, blisters, lumps, or burning in the vaginal area are observed. All of these things can also be a sign of a serious illness.
Causes of vaginal itching: –
1. Irritants: Vaginal itching can occur due to exposure to chemicals that irritate the vagina. These irritants can trigger an allergic reaction, causing vaginal itching in various areas of the body, including the vagina.
2. Skin diseases and diseases: Some skin diseases, such as eczema and psoriasis, can cause inflammation and itching of the skin, redness also around the vagina, can be some of the causes.
3. Vaginal yeast infection, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), bacterial vaginosis (BV) are also other common reasons for vaginal itching.
Women who are going through menopause or who have already done so are at greater risk of vaginal itching.
How can you stop vaginal itching?
1. Stop wearing tight clothing.
2. Wear comfortable cotton underwear.
3. Never keep your genital areas moist.
4. Wash your private area regularly with lukewarm water.
5. Do not use soap, deodorant, cream or the like on your vaginal area.
6. Avoid a very hot bath as yeast grows in hot and humid environments.
If vaginal itching persists or lasts more than a week, you should see a dermatologist.